Fresh Seafood and Sri Lankan Flavor, an Invincible Combination
Will be held from 8th to 10th December, 2017-11-13 at Open Air Theatre, Viharamahadevi Park
Colombo Seafood Festival, an annual event to celebrate sea food heritage of Sri Lanka, is established to drive national, international and regional long-term awareness to the importance and diversity of Sri Lankan seafood industries. As an island nation, Sri Lanka together trusting on a blue economy policy, indeed has been serving not only her but also many countries around the world with fish for many years. Besides fisheries, tourism in Sri Lanka is growing rapidly and country has been a popular place of attraction for foreign travelers. On the other hand, with the change in economy and social scenarios, life styles and food consumption patterns of Sri Lankan’s have been dramatically changing over the years. The sea food festival aims to promote and popularize sea food consumption among locals and foreigners further in order to fulfill the food safety as well as local sea food producers in the country.
This festival, further help to achieves targets of Ministry of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development, National Nutrition Policy, Sri Lanka Next Blue Green Era, SDG 14, especially SDG 14 (b) namely “provide access to small scale art seasonal fishers to marine resources and market” and targets of vision 2025, better life for all Sri Lankan.
- Fresh seafood delicacies prepared by the leading hotels and restaurants
- Seminars on seafood and nutrition
- Technical instructions and guidance for entrepreneurs and self-employment based on sea food industry
- Display and retail of fish and seafood products
- Live cooking programmes conducted by experienced chefs
- Sea food cooking competitions
- Educational programmes on aquatic resources for students
- Exhibitions on marine and inland aquatic resources
- Fun games, cultural and musical shows
For more information visit http://www.srilankaseafood.nara.ac.lk/