Objectives of establishing Aquaculture Research Center facility at NARA are,
- Development of technical knowhow and livelihood status of the ornamental fish breeders and farmers around the country.
- Cater to the enhancement of food fish, ornamental fish and marine invertebrate farming sector of the country through the applied research studies.
- Development and introduction of induced breeding technologies for ornamental fish industry.
- Strengthening institutional framework for applied research studies.
- Widening research opportunities for the undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
Generally NARA provides research opportunities for external parties, especially university undergraduates for their UG research studies. With the new facility, NARA will be able to provide more opportunities and can be widen these research opportunities up to the international level.